1. Wooden Venetian BlindsReal wood Venetian blinds are made from Bass wood. The natural characteristics of wood lend itself to variations in colour and grain texture. Wood Venetians cannot be guaranteed against a natural tendency to warp especially if used in extremely humid / wet areas. The Venetian blinds are supplied with ladder string which matches the colour of the blind and the head rail is covered with a matching wood valance.
2. Aluminium Venetian BlindsComprise of aluminium slats coated with strong epoxy coating. All pins and rollers are made from stainless steel and brass to prevent rusting. Cords, ladders, head and bottom rails all match the colour of the slats. Wood look blinds have aluminium slats with matching wooden controls, valances and bottom rails.
3. Vertical BlindsVertical blinds comprise of pieces of material or vinyl that are fixed vertically at the top of the window. Vertical blinds offer flexibility, privacy, insulation, light control and accessibility.
4. Bamboo BlindsBamboo blinds are made from narrow pieces of bamboo that are attached together by string or cord. Most bamboo blinds will not block out all the sunlight but can make a terrific impact on the look of your home.
5. Roller BlindsRoller blinds comprise of pieces of cloth or vinyl that are rolled around a pole/head rail fixed at the top of the window. Roller blinds can be rolled up or down to totally block out sunlight and provide complete privacy.
All blinds come with necessary fittings (Plugs, screws and brackets)
Benefits of Venetian Blinds
Privacy: Venetian blinds provide a very private environment. The opaque slats keep anyone from seeing through the blinds. However, looking at the slats in a certain angle may allow a person to see through.
Light control: Venetian blinds allow you to control the amount of sunlight inside a room. Closing the gaps between the slats prevents the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays from entering the room. Venetian blinds with wider slats when they are fully closed will be able to block more light from entering. They can also be opened to let light enter if the room is too dark.
Design your room: There are a number of venetian blind designs available. The designs will vary according to the material they are made from. Aluminum venetian blinds provide a metallic finish. Wood venetian blinds offer simplicity and elegance.
Easy maintenance: Another advantage of venetian blinds offer is easy maintenance. The blinds can be cleaned by vacuuming dusting, or wiping the slats.
However, if you want a more thorough cleaning, then you may opt to clean the blinds by applying a mixture of water and ammonia on the slats. Allow the ammonia solution to rest on the blind for five minutes before you wipe it off with a damp piece of cloth.
Venetian blinds made from wood, however, are harder to clean but fairly easy to maintain. Wood Venetian blinds may be damaged with water, so never wipe the slats with a damp piece of cloth to clean it. Instead, it is recommended that you apply wood polish on the slats once every two years.
Ease of installation and use: Venetian blinds are easy to install. Installing a Venetian blind usually involves screwing the mounting device of the blind onto the window frame. This procedure can be done without the help of a professional.